sabato 24 novembre 2007

YouTube

I think all of us know this very popular video sharing website, where people can upload, share and view video clips. You can really find everything you want there: video regarding politics, entertainment, music, enviroment, sport, comedy and many other categories.


In the last few years I heard a lot of YouTube and I think that if on one hand this website can be very interesting, on the other hand it can also be dangerous if it is not kept under control. I mean, we know that nowadays many children are genius with the computer, and the fact that they can watch everything is kind of concerning to me. Of course it does not only regard YouTube but the World Wide Web in general. But if YouTube is used in a constructive way it can be a great tool.


If I think about my language learning, I believe that all these new Web technologies are really useful, not only because through them you can improve your English( you can do it through a grammar book as well) but most of all because you learn and have fun at the same time. If I happen to become a teacher, I will definitely make good use of all the tools Sarah taught us, because I think that catching your students' attention is the first step to be a good teacher.


You Tube can be useful for many other purposes: did you miss your favorite programm on the tv? No problem, you can find it on YouTube; do you want to watch the video your best friend shot on holidays? You watch it on YouTube. Do you want to see in advanced a place you are planning to go to? You watch in on You tube. Do you want to watch programms of other countries? You watch them on YouTube. Do you simply want to have a break while you are doing your homework? You watch a funny video on YouTube and then go back studying again.
CU


7 commenti:

elenas ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
elenas ha detto...

Hi Elisa!

How was you week-end?

I read your post. As regards children' use of internet we thought about the same concept (I mean the dangerous freedom of this tool). When I was eight I hardly knew what a pc was. Well, I'm speaking like an old woman but maybe you agree with me; when we were child Internet was not so used as nowadays!
I think that the net is a fundamental tool also for teachers to find updated material, keep in contact with the students and the colleagues.

Do you think we would use communication through blogs also when the course is over? Curiosity...

Bye,
elenas

Imma ha detto...

Hi Elisa!
As elena,I agree with your opinion about children and the wrong use of you tube... This tool can be useful and funny at the same time, as you said, but people should use it in a proper way because it can be dangerous to.
Moreover, I also like the idea of using you tube for the other purposes you suggested...I'm totally new to this world but I will start using video clps a lot from now... :)
See you
Imma

Selena ha detto...

Hi Elisa!

I think, as you do, YouTube might have both negative and positive consequences. We all agree that we should use it in a constructive way; otherwise, it would be only a silly and dangerous tool, especially for children.
I completely agree with you that all the technological tools we’ve learnt so far, including YouTube, are particularly useful for improving our English. I believe that having fun is a key component in the language learning process because it helps you learn faster and more effectivily.

Bye bye,

Selena ;)

Katja ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
Katja ha detto...

HI Elisa,

as I've read your post and other comments, I see that we all agree that youtube can be a dangerous tool and for this reason it should be put under control. However, I think that the main question here is, how can we protect the children from all the bad stuff that can be found on the Internet? Do you think we can?

thanks

Katja

cappuc cino ha detto...

Hi Elisa,
thanks for you comment!
I agree with you (and I wrote also on my post) that youtube could be a great tool if it was always used in a proper way.
You wrote that it is useful to watch programms we missed: a researched my favourite tv serial (CSI) and I found
pieces of it we haven't seen in Italy. There are also videos taken during films backstage :-)
Now I've been watching videos on youtube I take your advice: I go back studying.
see you
Lisa